Hiking Table Mountain GoPro Video
Our first big adventure in Cape Town was hiking Table Mountain. We decided to keep it legit by hiking the India Venster Trail rather than the cable car or go-to Platteklip Gorge hike to the top. It literally took a bit of blood, sweat, and tears, but we did it! It was a challenging, but unbeatable day. The best part was that we got to tackle this hike with two of our favorite people, Jeff and Catherine. They are also on an around the world trip, which rules.
- This hike is some serious team building. Pick some trustworthy and fun friends to take it on with.
- 4 was a great number for helping each other climb.
- By “moderate scrambling”, it really means actually doing some rock climbing so mentally prepare for that.
- Download maps.me (which rules in general) and pin the trail before starting this hike.
- Take the cable car down. Going up is pretty insane, we couldn’t even mentally process what going down would be like.
- Keep your eyes peeled for locals free climbing the face of the mountain.